Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things that Make People Happier

Martin Seligman spoke at the BYU forum today in the Marriott Center. Listening from my office I found it quite interesting and relevant, particularly with the doom and gloom ever present in the news. Here are a few tips that he mentioned (they had be learned primarily through controlled experiments):
  • Write down three things that went well today and why they went well. (After six months on average you will be happier.)
  • People that deploy their greatest strengths will be happy.
  • "Active Constructive Responding" helps marriages succeed.
  • Do something philanthropic and your whole day go better.
Finally, he directed everyone to his Authentic Happiness website for more information on being happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! This is such a great article and I am sure a lot of entrepreneurs are going to benefit from this. I have been giving advice like these to many up and coming business people and have been successful so far. I am Donald Brownlie Fleming, an Australian Entrepreneur, ebook author (Master Selling by Donald Brownlie Fleming) and a Philanthropist. If you have time, maybe you can visit me too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_ATM